Monday, April 5, 2010

"Brownies in a Jar"


Even though we have about a year and half until my man gets deployed, I get into these arts & crafts moods & have been seeing "Cakes in a Jar" to send to your loved ones over seas. Not being much of a cake fan, I decided to make "Brownies in a Jar" with mini Reese's Cups! The normal recipe says to follow all instructions, then fill the jar 1/2 way full with the mix, bake as directed. Forgetting that brownie mix doesn't rise like cake mix does, so when I pulled them out of the oven, they were still only at the half way mark. They turned out to be perfect for my hunnie, because it was just the right amount and he won't waste any. Or maybe he was just saying this to make me feel better. Either way, ladies, learn from my mistake! Brownie mix doesn't rise like cake mix does, so be sure to fill it up when making "Brownies in a Jar".

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. cute idea! i'll have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good! Thanks for sharing the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a problem! They are so much fun to make & the boys love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get the jars? I want to do this, I'm just failing in the jar category... haha.

    PS- just found your blog, I'm a Marine wife =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually found my jars at wal-mart.

    OORAH!!! :)

    ReplyDelete