Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No back-ups needed

I'm sure you have had a "back-up" before. Whether you are a male or female, you have kept someone around, just in case your current relationship might fail. Unfortunately I've been in this boat many times, in fact, every relationship I have ever been in I've always had a "back-up man". It's sad to admit, but I feel I need to. The last relationship I was in, we were engaged. Even though Mike and I had real concrete plans to get married and start a future together, I still let an ex, Everett, hang around in case things didn't work out. Knowing I would never go back to Everett, I just used him when I needed a pick-me-up, to make me feel better, to feel loved & wanted.
The man I am with now, Dustin, was never a back-up plan that I just kept hanging onto until something went wrong. I actually met him & he became one of my very good friends & while Mike & I were having problems. He was right there beside me, every step of the way. It became clear to me in the last month of my relationship with Mike, that I actually wanted, for once, for everything to go wrong in our relationship so that I could be with Dustin. Although, I did not take any action, things did get worse. After Mike and I decided to call things off, I finally got what I wanted, Dustin. He's everything I could have ever wanted or prayed for. His imperfections made him absolutely perfect in my eyes.

At first, I was a little weary & did keep Everett around. But, this time he wasn't a back-up plan, we were just trying to be friends. Having other men or women in your life who you have been emotionally attached to, no matter the length, does nothing but make things more complicated. For the first time in my life, I don't need a "back-up man" & I'm thrilled! I was able to get rid of the ex's & anyone who I have had emotional attachment to. I thought it would be hard, but since it has happened, I feel absolutely wonderful.


I have realized you should only keep the people you can't live without in you life.. the others will just confuse things.

Once you find that person that makes you feel like there is no "back-up" needed...don't ever let them go!

Officially aborted all back-up plans <3

No comments:

Post a Comment